Problems Viewing Notices, Resumes, Videos, Etc. -- Web Pages Failing to Open
If you're experiencing a problem with any aspect of BackStage.com or Casting.BackStage.com, then please try refreshing the page you're looking at or try clearing out your browser cache. This will usually resolve a variety of issues.
The following five steps will help you resolve a wide variety of problems that you may be experiencing on BackStage.com and other websites:
1) Please turn off your web-browser's pop-up blocker for BackStage.com and Casting.BackStage.com, since casting notices, resumes, log-in prompts, promo-code screens, photos, and many other options and resources on BackStage.com are specifically designed to pop open in new windows.
2) You may have multiple pop-up blockers running within your web-browser, via your third-party browser toolbars, or through other computer add-ons (such as security software and anti-virus/anti-spyware/anti-adware programs running on your computer). Please make sure that you've set up ALL possible pop-up blockers on your computer to ALLOW both BackStage.com and Casting.BackStage.com to show you pop-ups.
3) Add BackStage.com and Casting.BackStage.com to your computer's list of "Trusted" sites. You may need to do this both within your web-browser's settings and within the settings of any security software you may be running on your computer. In addition to pop-ups, Cookies and Java Script must also be ALLOWED in your browser/secuirty settings for both BackStage.com and Casting.BackStage.com. In your web-browser, check the areas labeled Tools or Settings or Options or Preferences (depending on the browser) and then check your current Security/Privacy/Cookie settings to make sure that pop-ups, cookies, and Java are not being blocked. Security settings should not be above "Medium Low" for BackStage.com and Casting.BackStage.com, which may need to be added to your personal software's trusted/white-listed sites if problems are occurring with your browsing experience.
4) Try refreshing the web-page you're looking at (use the refresh button in your web-browser menu or simply click the F5 key on your keyboard) or try clearing out your web-browser's cache/history/private data once (via your web-browser's Tools menu), and then reboot your browser.
5) Please make sure you're using the newest available versions of
Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer, Opera, and/or Google Chrome. If you have not updated
your web-browser within the past year, then please do so now. Removing
an old web-browser and replacing it with a fresh installation of a new
browser will often resolve a multitude of problems. The following
browsers are recommended for Macs and Windows PCs: Firefox 1.5+, 2+, 3+; Safari 3+; Internet Explorer 6+, 7+, 8+.
Do not use Internet Explorer on the Apple/Mac operating system -- only Firefox and Safari 3+ are recommended for Apple computers; the version of Internet Explorer that's currently available for Apple operating systems is extremely out-of-date and no longer supported by Microsoft, Apple, or Back Stage. Also, do not use the AOL web-browser; it's been known to cause conflicts with the casting and resume tools on Casting.BackStage.com.
— Luke Crowe, National Casting Editor, Back Stage